Monday, June 01, 2009

Fire. Fight.

by Daniel

There is a fire within me. I have been fighting it for a while. This fire? It’s the burning, consuming call to ministry. I felt it then and I feel it now. I was certain that I could fight this call, but have come to understand that it is inescapably a part of who I am. I decided to switch my degree program to an MA two years ago. I was a candidate for the United Church of Christ’s ‘in care’ process (candidacy).


I settled during my adolescence. I grew jaded and world weary. I thought the MDiv courses were "Mickey Mouse" courses. This certainly isn't the case. I decided that I wanted my vocational thrust to be academic, but I did not consider teaching in a graduate school setting. It will be beneficial to be ordained – because most seminaries and divinity schools desire this in their faculty. This is where I belong. It is true that as a teacher I will be able to minister, but recently I have been considering returning to parish ministry. I am up to the challenge. I will certainly have much to do this week. Good luck, right? I wish you a wonderful evening.


-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home