Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Prepare for the Future

by Daniel

I have been spending a significant amount of time this summer attempting to make my life much more tractable and organized. I think that being a teaching assistant has really helped me with this. It has taken me almost four years to learn that organization is the key to saving time (and money) as a graduate student. Time will be especially important if I decide to make (or take) the academic and vocational switch to the Master of Divinity program (especially since I will also be completing my MTH). I continually have to keep in mind that “it isn’t just me anymore”— because my fiancé also needs to be aware of “what’s up” with my program. I welcome debt with open arms, but I don’t think that she does. Well, maybe not. We’ll talk about it. I will be meeting with the registrar this week to see if this switch is a possibility. I will also be meeting with the ecumenical coordinator to see if I need a slap in the face. Seriously! So, what’s on tap for this evening? I have been making a spreadsheet of doctorate programs (PHD and THD) to which I may be applying. This chart highlights the institution: the location, degree program, available areas of study, concentrations, faculty (with whom I might want to research), and my reason for choosing a particular school. I think that doing some of this research now will be quite beneficial: I will be applying for the fall of 2011, but will likely be completing my MTH in the fall of 2010 and my MDiv in the spring of 2011(if I am able to start the program this fall with no major snags). I will probably be so busy next year (if I do the MDiv) that I’ll turn into a pumpkin. I wish you a wonderful evening.


-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home