Monday, June 01, 2009

Flames and Fire

by Margaret Obaga

Hearing Acts 2 read aloud, yesterday, in seven languages, all at the same time, moved me to tears. I believe that this was not just another of those emotional moments; it was a a unique moment reflecting spontaneous response of love and wonder to God's love. Unrestrained response to God's power and love is, I believe what God has me called for. Yet, how risky this can be, how chaotic it can be at times. Yet again, in this risky business, we are reminded that the true owner of the business is with us always. In this status of discipleship, I rejoice to know that with me always is the fire of the holy Spirit to empower and sustain me through and through. My challenge is to explore, in sincere discernment, this part of the "fire" in the Spirit of God. Whether in the analogous sense or literal sense, this power of the holy Spirit cannot be ignored. How I might enter into conversation with the holy Spirit without being "caught" by the Spirit for fellowship is the question. Help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home