Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A bit balmy out, aint it?

by Daniel

Wouldn’t you agree? If you’ve been in doubt of whether or not summer has arrived you can put that behind you (I might be going out on a limb, right?). Well, don’t you just love Minnesota? The Twin Cities area is under an extreme heat advisory for most of the day, but that won’t stop most of us from doing what we need to do. I hope you’re staying cool on campus (especially in those toasty little classrooms). I’m thankful that I am a teaching assistant for an online class.


As if summer Greek and Hebrew didn’t make you sweat already, right? Things aren’t all fine and dandy off campus though. It’s certainly convenient that our air conditioning stopped working yesterday (terrible, terrible timing). I really hope the maintenance people can fix it today, but we will be moving in two days so I think we can tough it out. So what does this seminarian have on tap for this hotter than Hades day?


I’m going to:


Write two study proposals (I want to do a crop of independent studies with Exodus)

Buy some new shoes (I need sandals)

Wash my car (I need to get rid of the pigeon “mess” that is baked onto my Honda CRV)

Box things (I need to box stuff for the move)


Be sure to drink lots of water and try to stay cool (and have a wonderful day).


-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home