Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rise and shine!

by Daniel

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m a true night-owl. I rarely go to bed before midnight.I’ve been known to dabble in my share of “all-nighters.” I like my sleep and make it a habit to not be “up and about” before 10:00 a.m. Well…it turns out that the little cold that I thought that I had was a full-blown sinus infection. The past few nights I’ve been going to bed by about 10:30 p.m. (not so night-owlish). My previous dictum, “I ain’t got time to be sick” – definitely has to be taken back. I make it a habit not to miss any class (especially since I started my new program). This week, however, I’ve had to miss two full days of class. I am blessed to have friends that took notes for me! I’m feeling a lot better today – but I’ve been taking these gigantic “horse pills” to kill off the infection. Interestingly, the physician that treated me yesterday afternoon was at one time a seminary student himself. He was a MDIV student who fell in love with medicine while he was doing his CPE (the clinical portion of the MDIV study)! Instead of the regular “Do you have any pets?” or “How about this weather?” type of questions – it was nice to talk to someone about theology. Anyhoo – I’m off to get some things done for the day. I’ve got a loooooot of catch-up to do! Have a great day!

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home