Monday, December 08, 2008

You Can't Go Back Now

by Nina

You know there will be days when you're so tired that you can't take another step

Yes, I do. Right now I'm writing my CPE Final Evaluation. Okay, really I'm procrastinating taking a break from writing my CPE Final Evaluation. But I’ll tell you this, it is hard. As CPE was, writing this paper is emotionally intense. I can only handle about an hour at a time and then need to switch gears for awhile.

I’m stuck on a Weepies lyric I shared the first day of CPE when I told my life story.


But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself


Is that true? I’m still struggling with that and I’m not sure if I buy it. Maybe it just seems really depressing – that we have to grow all on our own. It seems true though, in the most growth producing (read: suckiest) moments of my life, no one could step forward for me – I had to do it alone. Granted, many people were holding me up (physically, emotionally, in laughter, in prayer, as a faith community) – but did I step out alone? Do we take any steps alone as people of faith?

Somehow, in the midst of writing this final evaluation the answer seems important. I know I didn’t get this far alone, but were those important steps taken by me, all by myself?

Well, listen to this gorgeous song and process for yourself.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic song. Good luck with your paper and I hope you feel better soon!

12/09/2008 08:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, what did you determine? Follow up please. Four names came to mind....Frodo Baggins, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego (or a billy goat, as Danny used to say).

12/10/2008 08:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home