Thursday, December 04, 2008

Sweet Potatoes crave

by Margaret Obaga

Today I feel like eating sweet potatoes. I do not mean the yams, but the sweet potatoes, themselves.

This is rather strange because I rarely experience this “thing” of wanting so so much to eat something like sweet potatoes. So, I feel like eating these sweet potatoes, but I must work on my class paper before tonight. This means that I might not make it to the store to grab them sweet potatoes. Something else, there are varieties of sweet potatoes, and I will need help to pick the kinda type I might really like. The other thing, it is really cold out there. Which shoes might I wear to keep that chill off my little feet? Lately, my toes have not been too happy with the cold. My efforts to mobilize resources of layers of socks, leggings, T-shirt, Bill's jacket, Bob's sweat shirt, all seem not to help. I even tried stealing on the chill when it was not looking. I opened the door quietly and tip toed outside. I hoped that the cold had travelled, so I might have the day all to myself. Oooh, wait a minute. What did I feel on my fingers? Was I not wearing my lovely red gloves? What’s happening? Ok, I know. The chill had not travelled and so he/she (what gender?) had grabbed on my “thickly laden , thickly described” clothes as if they were light summer cloth. I urge myself on to the library to explore the possibility of some solace and hopefully, warmth in shelved minds. What was I talking about again? Oh yes, the sweet potatoes and how to get them without getting outside. Not the yams, the sweet potatoes themselves!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article regarding the cravings and the stress of the cold! Praying this finds you well! Peace in Christ - Edith

12/05/2008 08:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home