Thursday, December 04, 2008

Motivated by the Spirit?

by Daniel

The drive home from Thanksgiving made me really start thinking about Christmas and all of the extra “stuff” that a lot of people have. I have decided to take on a holiday endeavor with a buddy of mine from seminary. We will hopefully have our idea “up and running” by next Christmas. Have you ever been moved or motivated by the Spirit? We have decided to start a program that solicits gently used Christmas decorations as donations from the Twin Cities community at large. Almost everybody has some extra Christmas “stuff” lying around somewhere: an extra strand of lights, too much wrapping paper, ornaments, or a wreath. Think if you could brighten someone else’s holidays with stuff that you aren’t using anyways? (given it isn't poor quality) Hopefully everyone is having a good week. I’ll flesh out some of the details on the “program” in the next couple weeks. I’m hoping to come up with a catchy name and a website to help me organize it a bit. The big issue is going to be finding space to store donations. If anyone knows a place to start—I’m all ears! Have a good one!

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home