Friday, December 05, 2008

Sick Daze

by Nina

I Voted in 89.3 The Current's Top 89 Albums of 2006

It is Friday and I am officially sick. You know you have the official stamp of illness when breathing and speaking are both overwhelmingly difficult activities. I am honestly amazed I lasted 3 months working at the Children's Home without coming down with something. Being sick always gives me some perspective about what is actually important and necessary. Here's a list of the many vital things done so far this day:

1.) Concentrate on breathing
2.) visit the doctor, get a swab shoved up my nose
3.) nap
4.) eat something
5.) laugh (while watching Flight of the Conchords)
6.) Vote for the best albums of 2008 at The Current (a spectacular local radio station)

I think most of those items should be on my list everyday. Unfortunately, concentrated breathing, napping, laughing, and nourishing music rarely get written down and checked off.

Today I am celebrating sleep, Sigur Ros, and simplicity.

2 Comments:

Blogger christian scharen said...

Those are some skinny naked white guys on Sigur Ros' album cover! I'm going to vote at the Current too, but fortunately I've not come down with anything. Hope you are feeling better.
Peace,
Chris

12/08/2008 05:49:00 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

Chris,
You are right. I liked their music before I saw that. :) Thanks for the well-wishes. Don't you get sick now because it's not cool.

12/09/2008 09:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home