Wednesday, December 03, 2008

walk on the sunny side of the street, seriously.

by Jeni

This blog post comes from my south/east office, the Dunn Bros and Finnish Bistro on Como and Carter.

Walking and abiding the laws for crossing the street, I took my chance and crossed the street back at the Speedy Market (also dubbed speedy mark-up, but only lovingly. I heart the speedy). Anyway, it was like 20 degrees colder; a harsh change to my seemingly nice walk.

I am going to blog about the weather.

Or not.

[six minutes goes by without any thought of anything else to write about...]

But really, it's cold out there. So cold I wish I had snow pants on. I'm already wearing my Sorel snow books, wool hat, thick mittens and super heavy jacket. Really quite adorable. How will I survive when it's actually cold? Or tomorrow with the high forecast at only 17?! Uff da. You intern readers in warmer environs, I'd advise not mocking us; you'll be here next year (and I totally mocked from my perch in the high desert and am totally eating humble pie now). But if you need, mock on; it's even biblical (Job 21:3). We're happy for you, really.

All procrastinatory digression aside, stay warm out there and walk on the sunny side of the street.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ask Nina if you may borrow her flannel-lined khakis.

12/04/2008 07:35:00 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

Yes, I call them my "ugly pants"...they are really warm.

12/04/2008 06:55:00 PM  
Blogger Catrina Ciccone said...

Dude, no sympathy on this one, because I believe on this particular day I offered a ride back to the sem in the seat-warmer enhanced poser-mobile, and was declined. :) Though, I do understand the need to maintain a certain level of winter street cred around there. . .

12/12/2008 07:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home