Monday, December 01, 2008

Back from Break, ergh.

by Jeni

I've got a pretty intense case of the Mondays, but I blame it on not being on vacation anymore. It's back to the busy and packed schedule, running hither and yon throughout the days. What's more, it's finals season, which means final projects, final papers and final glimpses of sanity. I'm looking forward to the time when I can say again, "hello pillow, nice to see you again; gee you're soft."

Maybe what's making it so hard to be back is that Thanksgiving and the break that surrounded it was incredibly great. New family and old traditions combined to make good times, great food and fun memories. We spent time with Colin's family out in the burbs, ran around the city's sites and had a blast visiting nostalgia, eating yummy foods and seeing lakes and Christmas decorations lit up in seasonal joy. We played football, we sat through slides from the past (which were actually quite neat) and watched the family's tradition: Holiday Inn (I have to learn the songs). Good times abounded.

And now the countdown to Christmas break begins. I'm making my list and checking it twice, but it's not who's naughty or nice that's at stake, it's the to do list, the check-list, the list that will let me know when I can grab some rest. Since we're all in this boat, God bless us, each and everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home