Sunday, November 23, 2008

Countdown...

by Nina

I have 51.12 clinical hours of CPE left...not that I'm counting. This means I have already completed 248.88 hours since the 2nd week of September.

Is it that bad?
No...but it is emotionally exhausting.

I am learning so much about struggling through life, by people who are barely teenagers. I'm learning how I struggle with stress and balance. I'm learning my tendencies in group interactions and what changes I ought to live out. I'm being challenged to confront others (this is my "growing edge"), even when I feel like I'm going to vomit and want to run away. I'm learning that sometimes I have really important things to share with people. I'm learning to find my voice. I'm learning to step up and ask to be heard. I'm learning to be confident in my gifts and passions, and to boldly offer them in ministry. I am learning deeply of God's provision and peace in darkness and chaos.

I am learning to be present, as a bearer of light in a dimly lit room.

It is a truly wonderful and humbling experience.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen and Thanks!...it's nice know I am not the only one who feels like loosing their cookies and running away as part of CPE. Ditto on the rest too.

11/24/2008 12:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....God's provision and peace in darkness and chaos.
Exactly.
Not just in CPE, but in life, every day, every minute.

11/24/2008 01:38:00 PM  
Blogger aase said...

a poetic post, nina joy. well said, well said.

11/25/2008 04:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home