Thursday, October 09, 2008

Catie Luehr, Come on Down!

by Jeni

A small community has gathered in our apartment this morning during the chapel hour. We are remembering Jesus' words that where 2 or 3 are gathered, but we are decidedly not in Chapel today. It's not because of the preacher or the weather or our laziness, but because one of our very best friend and co-Luther Student Catie Luehr is on The Price is Right (TPiR) today! That's right, THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!! Watch HERE.

Catie was on internship in Dana Point, CA last year and decided before heading outta town that she would go see TPiR. We've already spotted her and Ioan in the crowd and are waiting for her to come on down.

I remember when Cate told me about this. I was leaving Arizona on the way to Las Vegas. I almost got into an accident out of my excitement (and the crazy motorcycle driver.) The picture at left is Catie at our wedding. She was our wedding marshal. Not personal attendant. Wedding Marshal. And she rocked it.

Back to now. Catie has just been called down! She's so excited, both on the tv and as she sits next to me. A girl on the show spins $1.00 on the wheel and hugs everyone. Cate mentions that everyone was excited and hugged even strangers.

Cate just bid $1, but someone hit the bid right on the nose. Drew is teasing Cate that it is not her. It's not.

Cate quotes Paula Poundstone: "I would be the perfect video movie watcher. It doesn't matter how many times I watch Hoosiers, I still get anxiety that they're not gonna win the big game." Her heart paces and races, even though she knows how it will end.

Cate bid on ugly artwork and won! And she now is trying to win a trip to Holland. She plays the game Now and Then. She gets her first one right! She gets the second one right! She gets the third one wrong. The tension is on...She gets the last one RIGHT!!! THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!! She's going to Holland!

Drew says: "That's all your life is going to be about now: wooden shoes and tulips!"

Catie spins the wheel, but doesn't make it to the showcase showdown. She's a nickel over. Still, pretty much the coolest thing ever. I'll try to post the video later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, The coolest things ever. . .

10/09/2008 01:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo, I missed it! Save it on tape for me!
-Lrw

10/12/2008 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home