Saturday, September 27, 2008

Invitation: The Power of Christ Compels You!!!

by Chase

I hope you all feel welcome to contribute your thoughts to our blogs. Personally, I would also like to invite you to contribute your thoughts on the lectionary texts of the week. Many of us value the almost devotional conversations we get to share with eachother on campus on a daily basis. But, as I've said before we don't always have time to sit down and chat especially since some of us are away on internship. This is a place we can slow down to our own pace even as we share the gospel with eachother. What unique and upbuilding uses the internet can have! What unique possibilities for upbuilding, expanding, and maintaining our communities!

So, as you read my responses and interpretations of the lectionary please, whether a student or not, be compelled to share your thoughts as the holy spirit inspires. You can comment on any of my posts of course, but I would really like to be able to post some of your reflections during the week to spark us in new ways, challenging, comforting, and upbuilding us. Please email me with your reflections at cforeman001@luthersem.edu. I'm thinking of around 250 words, but more or less is no big deal at all.

And, by the way, I know some of you interns are faced with the pulpit and the people of God each week, so let us in on what you're working over, struggling with, and of course what you are proclaiming! You might help us, we might help you!

You can find the texts for the upcoming Sunday on www.WorkingPreacher.org, but I suspect I'll be posting on the lectionary early in the week so you can check back here too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home