Friday, September 26, 2008

Excited for Sunday

by Chase

Well, it's the weekend again. How did that happen? It seems like just yesterday it was today and today was Monday. In any case Sunday is finally coming. This Sunday I have the pleasure of visiting a church I have never been to with several other students and staff members. We get to chat with the congregation about seminary life. What an opportunity!

I know that other members of our community are preparing to visit congregations this weekend and although I have mentioned this previously, in conversation and on this blog, I can't repeat it enough. If you are going to be preaching this weekend, next weekend, during chapel, or any time else you have to visit www.WorkingPreacher.org and listen to Sermon Brainwave. 

A friend of mine mentioned in class that he would be preaching for the first time on Sunday. I told him to check out Sermon Brainwave and the rest of WorkingPreacher.org. I hope that you and he take that seriously. The feedback on the site is very positive from pastors who preach every Sunday and I hope that we all take advantage of it as Seminarians as well.

You can find commentaries from different perspectives on each of the texts and you can listen to Dr. Lose, Dr. Lewis, Dr. Skinner and starting next week Dr. Rolf Jacobson discuss the lectionary text for the upcoming Sunday. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home