Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The Wonders of Technology

by Scott Dalen

When it comes to new technology...I am, admittedly, a 12-year old boy.

A little over a year ago, our old tv was going out of commission and we decided it was time to upgrade to a flat screen. We brought it home and I was working on setting it up. My wife said I was giddy. "You are like a little boy."

She was right.

Flash forward to the past Christmas. My in laws had let us know that their plan was to get a Wii for all three families (us and my wife's two sister's families). I admit it, I was excited. We got the Wii on Christmas morning. While my son was ecstatic, I was pretty pumped too. She commented again. "Yep, you're a little boy."

She was right.

Flash forward to last Saturday. Our mini-van had reached the point when it was time to trade it in on something a little newer and little more reliable. We went car shopping and found a pretty nice one. It's got a lot of features, each is totally unnecessary but we like them anyway. There are two that I really like. One is a memory feature for the driver's seat position along with the pedal position. I haven't figured out how to program it yet, but I will. The other feature that I'm really enjoying is heated seats. In wintertime Iowa, heated seats are a Godsend.

Cue my wife's statement...because she's right.

All of this information is really a lead in to my newest little toy. I just got it yesterday.



I'm pretty pumped. Finally, after eons of wanting one, I have a touch screen phone. The LG VTouch...with flip open full key board. I'm still getting used to that one but I like it.

So now I'm in the process of learning the ins and outs of the new phone. I will miss my old Motorola Razor...I always liked the flip phone, but it was time to move on to a new phone. As I was messing around with it yesterday, she said the same thing.

"You are such a little boy."

I try to play it off, but as with every other example...she's right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home