Sunday, January 31, 2010

Untitled

by Tim K. Snyder

I'm home now. After 24 hours of shuttles, flights, and buses I made it home to St. Paul utterly exhausted. My six weeks on the road seemed at least twice that long. The trip was filled with some of the people I love the most and I met so many new people as well. The experience was altogether mind blowing in just about every respect. This morning I'm attempting to sabbath and rest, but I can't help trying to make some meaning out of all this. Two videos are helping me put words/emotions to it. The first is Karen Armstrong speaking about "compassion" when she won the 2008 TED Prize and the second is an incredible performance by Herbie Hancock.

2008.embed_thumbnail.jpg&vw=432&vh=240&ap=0&ti=234&introDuration=13000&adDuration=0&postAdDuration=0&adKeys=talk=karen_armstrong_makes_her_ted_prize_wish_the_charter_fo;year=2008;theme=speaking_at_tedglobal2009;theme=is_there_a_god;theme=bold_predictions_stern_warnings;theme=ted_prize_winners;event=TED2008;">

Posted via web from curatingthejourney.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home