Thursday, January 28, 2010

Welcome Home

by Scott Dalen

Its been quite a week since I came home.

Rewind to last Friday. I rolled into the house about 4:30 in the afternoon, which wasn't too shabby. As the weekend went on and I relaxed with my family, I can recall many times when I thought "it's good to be home."

The only thing that I was really responsible for over the weekend was assisting with leading worship on Sunday morning. That it itself was pretty simple...lead a responsive psalm, prayers of the church and the benediction. I can handle that.

Other than that, I made as much effort as possible to sit around with my feet up, and I neglected homework to the extreme.

Things changed on Monday. First of all, back to work. And let me tell you...I had a major case of the Monday's. The first day back after a break is always tough.

It got tougher.

I'd been back at work for all of about a half hour and my father in law (who works in the same office as me) was feeling really badly. He ended up going to the hospital because he was having a mild heart attack. Instant update, he's okay, praise the Lord, but it certainly threw me for a loop.

The hospital here in town ended up shipping him out to Sioux Falls, SD to the heart hospital. Did I mention that we were at the beginning of a blizzard at the time? Oh and my wife and mother in law made the drive out to where they took him. 80 miles...in a blizzard. Oh joy of joys.

That left me with the kids and work and lousy weather to deal with. Fortunately, everything worked out pretty well. Kudo's to my boss. However, for 2 days I was Mr. Momming it. That's not all bad though...I got pizza out of the deal and that's always a plus.

But really, in the end, all's well that ends well. If this had to happen, I'm glad that it happened after I got back and not while I was gone. That would have been a real mess.

Next on the agenda, starting to write papers for Reading The Audience. Many many papers. First one is due in a week. I suppose I better get on that one...like right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home