Sunday, January 03, 2010

approval

by Amber

For those of you who have ever said, "I don't need your approval!" The truth is, you do. Approval. The final step in the ELCA candidacy process, and one I am happy to announce I made it through just this weekend! The South Dakota Synod is what I call home (even though I'm from MN, long story). I was nervous as heck driving over to Sioux Falls from my hometown of Worthington. Kevin and I swung through Sonic for a 44 ounce real fruit smoothie (they are the best, and HUGE!) Here's a tip: go between 2-4 for happy hour drink prices, and they are only $1. Such a great deal! It lasted us all the way back home AFTER the meeting! :)

I arrived before any of the other candidates and panel people. Eventually, Scott and Craig arrived. They helped calm my nerves a little. Finally, the flood of panel folks came walking in the office, and I was reminded of just how awesome they are. Kind, caring, friendly, and offering a tray of brownies to help relax us. For some people, approval can be a complete nightmare depending on the panel, and I'll speak for myself and say how thankful I was for a panel who "got" me, even though I had never met half of them. Checking "approval" off my list with a huge THANKS to the SD Synod for their hard work and time!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Linda in Cali said...

Brownies ALWAYS helps to relax! Your favorite! I knew you'd do great! Love you!

1/05/2010 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger Karishma said...

Congratulations! :)

1/11/2010 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home