Friday, December 18, 2009

New Life Band

by Scott Dalen

Sometimes I am amazed at the way that the family of Christ is connected, even from around the world.

Last night, my church hosted a singing group called the New Life Band. Check them out at www.newlifeband.net if you are interested. They are from Tanzania and perform ethnic music, both with and without instruments. Granted, I don't understand Swahili, and therefore did not understand most of the lyrics that they were singing. But I could tell when they said "Jesus" or "Christ." Some names are just universal. Perhaps that's why they say "the name above all other names."

This concert, which included audience participation was certainly a bright spot surrounded by a lot of stress from work. I won't go into that, but God certainly seemed to know that I needed a "diamond in the rough" last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home