Wednesday, May 13, 2009

There can only be one

by Daniel

The end of the spring semester is rapidly drawing nigh. That’s right – I said nigh. That’s a word you don’t hear often enough. Let’s just say that I’m in a pretty good position right now. I’ve never been the type of person to complain about tests or papers. I actually like papers, but I could live without tests. I’ve got one last paper before the semester comes to a close. It’s not that it’s difficult—it’s just that I really respect the professor for whom this last paper is due. I’m the kind of person that not only likes to make a good first impression, but also a lasting impression. I really don’t have any other work, hence the title of this blog.

So, what else is new? I was a little disappointed about the postponement of the faculty versus student softball game. I was looking forward to seeing some of the professors run. I guess we’ll have to hope that it’s rescheduled soon. So, do you have any big summer plans yet? I’m still hunting for work, but it’s definitely not working. I’m going to take advantage of every moment to complete my MTH thesis research. What am I going to be researching? I bet you’ll never guess. Ok – here’s a hint; head bashing. I will be researching the motif of the bashing of skulls and crushing of heads in the context of the ancient near east. Cool, eh? Well – watch your head! I’m off to work on my last paper.

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home