Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sneaking in

by Margaret Obaga

I am sneaking in a brief contribution to Life @ Luther. It has been a while since I appeared on these pages. Yes, you might have guessed right: trying the much I can to complete semester papers. Sometimes, the readings and writings take a while to complete. You see, the issue of English as a second or so language, tends to deprive me the necessary speed to move in fast to complete my assignments. Not that it might be any easier if I wrote them in my non-English language. Not really. What is at stake here, for me, is the ongoing dynamic of mental translations from at least two languages or so into English, in order to get on and completing my papers. By the way, I tend to enjoy these translations which often leave me amazed at how the brain juggles in between these tasks helping me come up with credible papers. Of course, my teachers have something to do with it too. In all these, I think, or rather believe that this is something to celebrate about! Something worth the energy and reward of the soon coming break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home