Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ooohhh, such brave seminarians

by Nina

I just realized (in a moment of not concentrating on my homework) I have absolutely no idea where I will find myself 1 year from now. I could be just about anywhere. I still have another semester of coursework after this one, a good deal of candidacy paperwork, an official ELCA assignment to get through, and will still need to find a job.

And while many here at seminary are much closer to graduation, or have finished their candidacy paperwork and processes - many are in this exact same situation. Having absolutely no idea where they will find themselves in 1 year's time.

Talk about scary.
Talk about having to trust in the Lord.
I guess that's why we call it faith.

It is an adventure and, quite honestly, I'm mostly excited to see where I end up. It is also kind of terrifying - and I'm realizing people who come to seminary are very brave and of great faith. Even if we find ourselves fearing the unknown, we manage to (usually) trust in God to ease the anxiety of the unknown. Where do you think you might find yourself in 1 year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home