Friday, February 20, 2009

Give it a Try

by Nina

This week, Luther Seminary hosted an event called Day in the Life.

I was lucky enough to be a part of some great conversations with people thinking about coming to Luther Seminary. The students enjoyed brownies, worship, meals with students, conversations with faculty, an evening at Manning's (the local bar/restaurant), campus tours, sitting in on classes, exploring the bookstore, a panel discussion with current students and more.

Probably the most valuable thing for these young people was having the opportunity to ask real questions of real seminarians. They took the chance to break down the stereotypes of what seminarians are actually like. Coming to Luther, one can see seminarians have limitless personalities, experiences, interests, and vocations.

I know that when I was considering seminary - a campus visit was what helped solidify that inkling of sorta maybe kinda thinking about it. If you are reading this blog, and sorta kinda maybe thinking about seminary -- come on down for a visit.

Maybe I'll even get to give you a tour and take you to lunch!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I've been thinking about seminary and your blog post really inspired me to check it out. I'll look into it and maybe I could take some classes next fall.

dogrizat

2/21/2009 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

Well, Scott - when you call Admissions at 1-800-Luther3 to set up your tour, let them know about this blog and then maybe I really can take you to lunch.

I'm looking forward to it!

2/22/2009 11:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home