Monday, January 26, 2009

New Life

by Margaret Obaga

In the midst of the busy-ness of the J-Term classes, it has been possible for me to take time off and attend to other equally important matters of life. Recently, I happily took time off to be with a friend and colleague who, had given birth to a baby boy. Carrying her infant baby in my arms, I could not help but marvel at the wonder of God's creation of us human beings. The baby's little hands, feet, nose, ears, eyes, mouth turned my moments into an act of worship and praise of the Creator-God. It was such a blessing for me to be reminded of the "coming forth" of a human being formed in God's image. During these special moments with the infant baby, my awareness of "how babies are biologically formed" disappeared and the mystery of creation lay starkly in my arms. As the Psalmist, who in reverence, worship, and honor, I praised the Creator-God who"formed my inward parts and, knit me together in my mother's womb." I was filled with gratefulness and in thanking God, knew that I was privileged to be witness to this wonder of creation in the infant child I held in my arms. As an afterthought, I mused at how privileges can be closely associated with responsibilities.
And so, as I went about in my friend's house helping out with this and that, my heart was humbled and glad at the possibility of my service/ministry (servant leadership?) outside of Luther upon completion of my studies.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home