Monday, January 26, 2009

All Things Go

by Nina

I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again - Seminary is an unstable place.

This weekend I had to say goodbye to one of my close friends at Seminary. He is headed to Chicago for the SCUPE program Chase has written about the last few weeks. While Luther Seminary offers an urban ministry degree, those studying urban ministry have to leave for Berkeley, Chicago, Atlanta or other cities to take classes in their specialty (which is kind of disappointing). Needless to say, with a new semester my friend has to leave Minnesota to do an urban ministry internship and classes through SCUPE in Chicago.

The community perpetually changes and we grieve the moving on of those we love. I'm trying to remember that with newness comes opportunity - new students start in January and February. So too, am I thankful for the many wonderful people brought together in one place to learn and be in community with each other. What a blessing!

Every semester is a new year at seminary. Here we go again!





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post SufjaNina. Recreation is painful and strange. God bless you and your friend. I look fwd to 'all things going' in 6 months and getting to hang with you again, the destablization of seminary life that sounds good to me.

1/27/2009 04:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home