Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Was There

by Nina

Well, my yesterday began at 3:45 AM with a quick layering of clothing and a hop on a train. Included in my DC adventure were many squeals, exclamations of "YAY!", tears of joy and standing in solidarity with 2 million other Americans - possibly the most to ever gather at the capital.
It was quite the experience to be part of a gathering of people that huge. People united in support of a country they love and a new leader. People from all over the country of every age, creed, & color stood together in community. It was indeed a blessing and an honor to be there waving my flag.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

Wow! I didn't you know your trip included the inauguration. Very cool! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Given the other posts and discussions around campus, I think it would be great to have a discussion on hope, especially with the now and not yet aspect to it. Are nuances allowed here?

1/21/2009 02:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to Chase's last post?

1/24/2009 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aase looks like a small, patriotic woodland creature and most certainly very happy. Way to go everyone!

1/26/2009 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home