Thursday, January 22, 2009

the countdown

by Jeni




the countdown has begun. To what, you may ask?

To the new semester. We're a little under 2.5 weeks away from my last semester at seminary. I've got the best line-up possible: Revelation; John; Psalms; Singleness, Marriage and Family; History; and, last mentioned but most excited about: Life Together and Life Passages with new professor of worship, Dirk Lange. I could get away with taking only 3 courses, but the classes offered this semester are too darn great.

To assignment. The seniors ready for assignment will be thusly assigned beginning in February. Bishops will meet, pray and discern where our greatest gifts will meet the church's and the world's deepest needs. Ah, vocation. We named our preferences in December, but I just want to bloom where I'm planted; I'd just like a good fit.

To the Grand Canyon. You'd think that after a great trip to Hawaii, it would be time to hang up the travel shoes. Not so. A free frequent-flyer ticket, friends and family beckon me to the southwest for some hiking and resting in late April. I will have to miss some of the above mentioned awesome classes, but I think I can deal with that. I promise to learn a lot while I'm away.

To Graduation. Okay, so I'm trying to avoid the cliche senioritis. I think with my great Spring Schedule I'll stay away from that dreaded reality of waiting to leave. I like it here enough to not start my countdown until Easter, I hope.

What are you counting down to and what are you waiting for? (excuse the misplaced prepositions).

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

That sounds like an awesome class schedule. I hope my senior year is that cool. Peace.

1/23/2009 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home