Friday, December 19, 2008

done.done.DONE!

by Jeni

With the click of my mouse I just delivered my final assignment of the semester! Ahh, the glorious feeling of being done, done, done! [pause for happy sigh and happier dance]

Today (12/19) is also my husband Colin's birthday. He decided to open his gift right around midnight. We had a bet going all week that I would spill the beans. Every day--no ever hour he would ask, did you get me a... to which I would say no (or if it was ridiculous, like "you didn't get me [something no one would want], did you? To which I replied, "shoot, I did get you [something no one would want].) He did guess that I got him a watch, but I was able to coyly say, nope. For all intents and purposes, I got him a toiletry bag...that happened to have a watch inside of it. No more looking at the ol' cell phone in church to see what time it is!

We leave for NW Ohio on Monday and I'm deciding what to bring. Most likely, the books I didn't quite finish or read close enough. Like Jayber Crow, by Wendell Berry (so excited) and Cadences of Home: Preaching among Exiles (fantastic!) and The Used World by Haven Kimmel (excellent!). I'll have some regular work along too, but that too will be great: Gerhard Forde Sermons. A feast for my eyes and heart and mind, to be sure. Now to finish up with the Christmas shopping...where did my ELCA Good Gifts Catalogue go?

A list of things I can do now without feeling as guilty:
1. Play Dr. Mario on the Wii
2. Sleep in
3. Read something else
4. Learn how to wind ski on snow
5. Dream about Hawaii
6. Do absolutely nothing
7. Build more snow sculptures.

Hope you're as done as I am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home