Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blah!

by Daniel

Have you ever felt “blah?” That’s how I feel right now. I’m in this really “in-between” stage right now with school and work. The semester is coming to a screeching halt. I’ll try my best not the let the “senioritis” kick in too badly. I can’t afford to let it happen. I’ve got two papers left and some minor revisions on my thesis. I can’t really complain. The suspense of waiting on several interviews with jobs, having my savings quickly dwindle away, and not knowing whether or not I will be in school come January is truly agonizing. I suppose all seminarians understand this drama. I can’t imagine what it must feel like to know whether or not you will end up where you want to preach. As an outsider to the candidacy process I would say that it is nothing less than an emotional rollercoaster. As my job hunt continues I’m coming across lots of little snags. A lot of places want you to have teaching experience to be able to teach—yet there is rarely an opportunity to teach without a teaching license. I’ll keep fighting the good fight. Hopefully everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend. Christmas is approaching slowly but steadily.

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home