Tuesday, December 16, 2008

In Thankfulness

by Nina

Oftentimes our bodies take the brunt of our stress. Often, in college, I would get sick as soon as finals were over. The adrenaline and pressure of final tests, papers, and deadlines seemed to sustain my immune system until those responsibilities were taken care of.

That is not the case this time. Maybe I'm getting older. Maybe working with kids is just tough on an immune system. Maybe my body is just really sick of having to function properly.

I am sick again. This is my second illness in just a couple of weeks. These physical setbacks have come before my school responsibilities are over. So, in the midst of trying to rest and recuperate - I'm still thinking about finishing up with CPE and final assignments for class.

In the midst of this, I am thankful. What a blessing this community at Luther Seminary is! I have had friends take me to the doctor, bring me food, call to check in,and leave me get-well-soon email messages. So many have said, "let us know if you need anything." In the midst of darkness- here is the light of a sustaining community. Thanks be to God and all the saints.

In Thankfulness ~nina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home