Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Winter Musings

by Daniel

Yesterday was my last official day of class at Luther Seminary. I’m praying that I find out about my application to the Master of Theology program. This “gray area” is maddening. I did, however, find out some wonderful news. I was hired as an after school instructor by an organization that promotes non-conventional pedagogical methods. I do plan on teaching college students some day. Teaching 2nd – 8th graders isn’t exactly ideal; however it will at least give me some field experience. There’s a lot of difference between college kids and elementary school kids (well, maybe not college freshmen). Even though I probably won’t be teaching religion classes using “hands on” or non-traditional classroom methods—the experience of developing a teaching philosophy will be priceless. I’m writing my final final right now. It’s a bit rough because I keep getting distracted. We don't like to admit it--but maybe graduate students can be a bit like elementary school kids every once in a while too, eh?

-Dan

1 Comments:

Blogger Nina said...

Amen to grad students being like elementary students. The teacher better move me away from the window or I will never finish...

I think non-traditional teaching methods would be amazing at college. SERIOUSLY! Yah for you!

12/18/2008 12:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home