Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Yikes!

by Daniel

Here’s a friendly reminder to always keep on your toes! I had been working on my thesis project on and off most of the summer. I revisited some subjects of interest on and off: the war “ban”…God’s relationship to war…and sacrifice (to name a few). Thank goodness - I had several sources and a concrete thesis in development. Well, well, well… I received an email while I was in class on Tuesday reminding me that my thesis statement, outline of my thesis as a whole, and a bibliography would be due TODAY, Wednesday! Talk about a shock! I felt like I was having a bad dream. For one reason or another I thought I still had a week or so to work on developing it.

After about three cups of coffee and three hours of class I spent about six hours researching in the library. I recommend studying there. Living off campus, I tend to study in the comfort of my own home. Time really seems to fly when you don’t have all of the distractions of home. You don’t get distracted by the television, pets, or food. So today I ironed out a thesis statement and an outline of my paper. All of my research is done for the most part – but there’s always room for more (kind of like that old Jello slogan). If you catch me on campus it will most likely be in the library sacrifice in Israelite war practice for the next month or so.
:/

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home