Monday, November 06, 2006

A Look Over the Busy Weekend

by SarahSE

My weekend started at 3pm last Friday afternoon. After our senior preaching class got out, my husband and I jumped in the car to run some errands. First, I had to drop off a check at Theatre in the Round for the group of Luther students and faculty going to see Friday night's performance of Shadowlands-- a play about C.S. Lewis and his relationship with his wife Joy. Then I took a quick trip to the nearby knitting store to pick up some yarn for my latest project: a sweater for my niece Haley, who will be born any day now! After that Kevin and I picked up some dinner at Pizza Luce (some of the best pizza in the Twin Cities!). Then, we headed back to Theatre in the Round to see the play, this time on the bus to avoid trying to find a parking spot in the Seven Corner's neighborhood.

As you may recall in my post about our trip to see The Miser at Theatre de la Jeune Lune, there is some amazing theater available in the Twin Cities and this production of Shadowlands was definitely up to par. The acting was phenomenal, the set design was interesting, the costuming was delightful, and of course the story was beautiful and heartwrenching. Basically, I wept like a baby through the entire 2nd Act. Just go see it.

After the show Kevin and I walked over to Nomad Pub to meet a friend and to watch another friend's band play. It was their CD release party and the place was packed! My friend Kelly is an amazing musician and it is always fun to watch her on stage. After a failed attempt at catching a bus, we grabbed a cab and headed home.

Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day, so Kevin and I took advantage and walked around Lake Nokomis in Minneapolis. That afternoon we caught the matinee of Jesus Camp at the Riverview Theater. I won't go into detail about this movie; it is somewhat controversial and I was reluctant to see it at first. In the end, I am glad that I saw it since it is relevant to work in the church and life in America. After the movie, we hung out at a friend's house and made homemade caramel corn...or rather Tony made homemade caramel corn and I ate it!

Sunday was All Saint's Day and our home church, University Lutheran Church of Hope in Minneapolis, celebrated with a beautiful service remembering those saints who have touched our lives. After that, Kevin and I headed down to Red Wing, MN for a day trip. It was another beautiful day so we walked around and took in the sights of this sweet little town on the Mississippi River. After we got home, I did get around to doing some homework too! (Yes, I do actually homework on the weekends.) Then, all of the sudden it was Monday again! Where did the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home