Sunday, June 20, 2010

so long, farewell!

by Amber

My last Life at Luther post! SAD! Let me begin by saying how fun it's been to be able to write and (hopefully) give you a glance into what the life of a student at Luther Seminary looks like. When I started writing I was just getting back from internship, excited about my last year of seminary, looking forward to being back in the twin cities, andunsure about the future. Today I am writing as a Luther Seminary Master of Divinity graduate, excited about getting married in 2 months, and thrilled to know my future includes travels around the world. I will definitely be blogging while we are flying and living abroad next year, so if you want to follow my blog, comment to this post with your e-mail address and I'll be sure to send you the link when it is up!

Two things I hope to accomplish in this e-mail, 1. top ten things I LOVED about Luther. 2. top ten things I might change at Luther (if I had some power).

10 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT YOU:

1. Daily Chapel (not that I went daily)
2. Community Meals (free food)
3. Lots of opportunities to work on campus (thanks to seminary relations and the communication office for my jobs!)
4. Studying under an eclectic batch of professors!
5. Living in the dorms and meeting lots of awesome new friends
6. Checking my PO and finding a "package" slip
7. Finding that ONE great professor (you know who you are!)
8. Requirements like CPE and Internship (LOVED THEM!)
9. 25 cent ice cream in the cafeteria
10. Living within walking distance of a Wendy's


10 THINGS I'D CHANGE ABOUT YOU:
1. Restructuring or eliminating RTA
2. Let's have student art shows
3. More multimedia and secular songs in chapel
4. Require either discipleship or some other intentional small group time
5. Better coverage with our over-priced student health insurance
6. Less mind-numbing class readings we never even talk about in class
7. Updated classrooms with more outlets. Bringing your own power strip to class, really?
8. Allow the 'cushman' grounds crew drivers to give rides to students
9. Cream-puffs after chapel-EVERYDAY!
10. Free text-books for everyone!

Best of luck to the students starting this year (hang in there...even in Greek, you can DO IT!), and special well wishes to the students who will be finishing up in the next year or two! It's been a joy being in community with you! God Bless!

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott Dalen said...

Hey Amber,
Keep me in the loop with your future blogs. As a fellow "life at luther"er I'd like to keep up on you.

sdalen001@luthersem.edu

6/21/2010 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger giesje03 said...

Add me to your list! Can't wait to hear about your adventures :)

jgieseke001@luthersem.edu

6/21/2010 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Hess said...

I love your list, and wish more students would give us one! please keep me in the loop mhess at luthersem dot edu

6/23/2010 01:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Hey, I'll be praying for you and for Kevin as you journey...and as you wed.
I have loved getting to know you and will miss seeing you! Here's a hug!
Love, Leslie
Please keep me on your list.
lmahraun001@luthersem.edu

7/03/2010 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home