Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Kindergarden Drama

by Scott Dalen

Last night was my weekly couple's Bible study. My wife and I have been participating in this group for a number of year's now, probably 6 or 7. The membership has changed dramatically over the years, and in it's current rendition, it involves us, my wife's parents, and another couple with kids nearly identical in age to ours.

So last night we met at the in-law's house and the parents met in the family room while the 4 kids (my two and the other couple's two) played in the toy room just off the family room. My kids are well familiar with it as it is Grandma and Grandpa's house. It worked fairly well, though there were instances of one kid walking out of the room crying because something got thrown or someone got pushed or whatever...typical kid stuff.

The interesting thing involved an interaction between my oldest (nearly 6 year old son) and their oldest (recently 6 year old daughter). These two kids have grown up together since they were about 3 and 6 months old respectively. They've played together for years and been best friends the whole time.

Things are starting to change.

Last night she chucked a toy that caught him in the head...much drama ensued. Granted, we weren't in the room when it happened, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear that they were both throwing things back and forth and he just happened to get pegged. I could be wrong, but I have my suspicions.

After talking with the kids and starting to see just a tiny touch of animosity between them, we (the parents) came to a realization.

They're starting to get cooties.

I think that's hilarious...but somehow I get the feeling that it's going to be short lived.

When do kids starting dating?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home