Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The “Lone Ranger”

by Daniel

This week I am the “Lone Ranger.” Sonia (my “dodi” or “beloved” in Hebrew) is gracing Florida with her presence. She is visiting her maid of honor, Stephanie. I’m taking this week to complete my thesis for binding and subsequent publication. I took the opportunity today to do what I should have done for about a week now: clean. It’s quite refreshing to have a clean workspace. This will be particularly useful tomorrow – as I will be once again correcting “Introduction to the Old Testament” term papers for my friend and colleague. So, what else is new here? With Sonia’s absence I was supposed to have some of the week off (Sonia’s tutoring days) from tutoring our neighbor tutee. Lo’ and behold (like clockwork!)– He came over with his little second grader assignments at 7:30 p.m. sharp, catching me ill-prepared to tutor! I did it anyways. I figure that we will need any extra money that we can scrounge for the wedding (albeit it is in almost two years). I am certain that many Luther students have gone through this situation at one time or another. Money can be tight – especially today. Anyhow, it is truly late. I wish you all the best. Goodnight!

-Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home