Sunday, March 22, 2009

so.rad!

by Jeni

When someone asks, "Do you want to shoot hoops at the Metrodome?" The answer is, "Yes." It doesn't matter if you've never shot a ball before or if you hate the game. The answer is, "Yes." Last night when Catie asked if we wanted to go to the Metrodome to shoot some hoops, our answer was, "Um, yes!"

The first round of the Final-Four brought basketball to the Metrodome, which is usually converted back and forth between football and baseball with home and boating shows in between. I've been on the floor of the Metrodome only twice before; once for my brother's high school baseball game at the Dome (I got to be a statistician and sit in the dugout!), and once with Dane and Dawn for MN Twins Fest. I've never gotten to play anything at the Metrodome, until last night.

We arrived around 7, made our way through locks and doors, through the bowels of the Metrodome and onto a freshly painted and produced basketball court under the big, fluffy bubble that is the Dome. Our guide brought us the actual basketballs they play with and let us shoot around until about 8.

It was so cool!

We mostly shot around, I noticed how out of shape I actually am and finished the hour with a 1-on-1 game against my beloved. If we were playing soccer, I would have been trounced, but, since we were playing basketball, my sport, I managed a 6-4 victory (or maybe it was 6-3).

I left the court the way I always left it for practice and personal shoot-arounds: by making the last shot from the top of the key, a three-pointer: swish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home