Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebrating Irish Saints

by Nina

It is St. Patrick's Day. I am wearing green. I remember reading at one point, that Protestants are to wear orange, rather than green on St. Patrick's Day. I have no idea if this is a true tradition, but it seems like yet another great way to concentrate on the division between "us and them." Despite my Protestant Pride, I'm glad we happen to unite on this.

It's interesting the way we celebrate this Saint's day. Chapel today even had stringed instruments and we sang/heard two Irish traditional tunes. Tomorrow is the feast day for Saint Cyril of Jerusalem. What is the traditional musical genre of the 4th century in Jerusalem? And what color am I supposed to wear?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeni said...

I would guess red, like the other saints' days, but I wouldn't put money on it.

3/17/2009 03:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home