Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's it really about?

by Nina

Theme Song: That Was The Worst Christmas Ever! (Sufjan Stevens) Dedication: Jeni

I was just telling fellow blogger, Jeni, how much Christmas-time frustrates me.

I love Advent.
I love Jesus.
Christmas makes me angry.

Advent prepares my heart for peace and hope to rule the day, not consumerism and senseless waste. My justice bones cry out for wrongs to be righted, not made worse. There seems to be a huge discrepancy between what we, as Christians celebrating the miraculous incarnation of a living God right here (right here!) among us, claim the holy day is about and how we actually practice that holiness.

What are you doing to prepare for Christmas?

Is it the same answer as to the question,
What are you doing to prepare for Jesus?




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow

12/11/2008 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I love the Advent Conspiracy video. I still have a huge heart for Christmas, but more the Incarnational aspect and not consumer-driven stuff. Though I do eat most Christmas cookies. Yum!

12/11/2008 04:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home