Thursday, September 04, 2008

Feeling Minnesota

by Chase

I awoke today with no suspicions that I would be receiving a message. After all, my phone was on silent. But, as I stepped outside, strolled through the tired stupor I had spent all night working so hard on, and as I began to work the keys to my car I started to have an inkling at the edge of my consciousness. Before I could hesitate I was at the coffee shop. 

And, getting out of the car that inkling rose to a shockful thought that sent me reeling. Winter is on the horizon. It's almost here! I know. It's bad news, and you wish I wouldn't have said anything. I wished I wouldn't have felt it! But, I got the message. We're in for a fall and an onrushing winter. I heard that the farmers almanac, which gets it right more often than weather men and women, was indicating the coldest winter in a long time. My bones echoed that sentiment with a chorus of chattering this morning. 

And trust me, born and raised here, we're about to know what that The Stone Temple Pilots mean by "feeling Minnesota." It's gonna be cold. Sorry! Happy first week! This just means we'll be happy to be inside studying together. Minnesota is cozy that way. Just grow a beard!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Why did you have to say that! I was sure that our warm days weren't over. I was hoping that we still have a few left in our arsenal.
And what happened to the people who said last winter was the worst?!? I apparently need to have a few words with them.
I guess I'll have to grow that beard that I've been procrastinating.

9/04/2008 02:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home