Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Yahoo!!!

by Anonymous

I heard late Sunday night that I have been called to serve St. John's Lutheran Church in south Minneapolis as their Associate Pastor. I will be ordained during Sunday morning worship at Normandale Lutheran Church in Edina, MN at 10am on July, 27 and will begin at St. John's in mid-August!

I've learned a lot about myself and my call in the last seven months. There are plenty of things that excite and scare me about serving any congregation and about serving this one in particular. I think that's a good thing. Their congregational culture and dreams have cut to my core and ignite the gifts and talents God has given me for ministry. Of course, I'm also nervous to begin my first call because it means finding out more about my pastoral identity and the call to ministry.

I am blessed to feel so connected to this place and to receive an eager welcome in return. There are so many adventures to come at St. John's , but first I must finish moving, unpacking and exploring Scandinavia during our honeymoon in July!

I've started a new blog address that I will use next year to keep in touch: tangled up in grace You're welcome to tune in there, though I'm sure it will be a slow start until fall.

www.tangledupingrace.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Meta,
I have followed you during your years at Luther through the blog and can say without hesitation that you will be a great pastor. Having been out now for five years I can attest to the fact that God will always be with you on the adventures. Some of the adventures may not seem as wonderful as you had imagined, but know that God is always at work. Blessings on the journey!

7/01/2008 01:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

St. John's should be congratulated. They are really the blessed ones. This is all great news. Congrats Meta - Ordination - Graduation - Wedding - Honeymoon - A Call! Has June been a busy month for you?

7/01/2008 02:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you both. This summer has been WONDERFUL so far and I'm blessed to have your prayers and support. Keep in good touch!

7/02/2008 10:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home