Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Call Update

by Anonymous

A recent post requested an update regarding my call process, etc. Thanks for inquiring!

In late April I became the finalist for call at a congregation in the Minneapolis Area Synod. Pending their vote as a congregation at the annual meeting on June 29, I will be called as their Associate Pastor.

It's been a long winter and spring regarding call and vocation in the immediate sense. I learned a new kind of prayer when denied a restriction and then again once the news set in over time. I developed new self awareness when interviewing with congregations, feeling overwhelmed with gratefulness for the opportunities, but trying not to confuse that relief with a true sense of call. Now God is working in my prayers of disbelief that begin with, 'Thy will be done,' to create faith in the nooks and crannies of anticipation and anxiety.

I am learning to believe in the wait and the time between being offered what I am deeply drawn to and the promise that comes with touching reality. I am grateful for the democratic process of a call committee's nomination and a congregational vote. I hope that God has put this love in my heart for them because I am meant to be their pastor. We will see.

I will be sure to post after the vote!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...what can you tell us?

6/29/2008 02:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meta, it's the 30th! We can't hold our breath much longer.

Carl & Trudy

6/30/2008 01:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home