Sunday, January 13, 2008

The title game in Titletown!

by Andy Behrendt

I suppose that since I shared my excitement about the "Matlock" DVD release, I should at least mention how happy I am about my Green Bay Packers hosting the NFC Championship game next Sunday.

Saturday's snowy spectacular against the Seattle Seahawks—which I watched while shuttling in and out of the apartment to grill brats for Tracy, my Luther Seminary buddy, Chris, and me—was one of the greatest Packers games I've ever seen. (I would thank God for the unexpected escalation in snowfall at Lambeau Field, which coincided suspiciously with the Packers' remarkable comeback-turned-domination from a 14-0 deficit, but that would surely be bad theology.) And the beautiful collapse of the Dallas Cowboys just moments ago, which will bring the NFC title game to Green Bay, is the icing on the cake.

So, on behalf of the three Life at Luther bloggers who are Packers fans, congratulations to my man, Brett Favre, and the rest of the guys in the green and gold. (I would have included a photo of Favre throwing a snowball at wide receiver Donald Driver during Saturday's game, but I don't have the rights to such a photo, so I recreated the moment with my Packers toys.) Good luck against those New York Giants.

Also, congratulations to my hometown of Green Bay on the opportunity to host the NFC championship and the big-time boost to commerce that it will bring.

Finally, my heartfelt thanks go out to my birthplace of Burlington, Wis., for raising Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo in a manner that would give him the bright idea of preparing for today's game in Dallas by vacationing in Mexico with his latest high-profile girlfriend, Jessica Simpson, on bye weekend. Hooray for Burlington!

And go, Pack, go!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, anyone on here want to actually write about life at SEMINARY? Didn't some of you just go through a 'draft' or have some relevant stories to what 'Life at Luther' is like?

Hilary

1/14/2008 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Andy Behrendt said...

Actual stories about actual seminary life, eh? I suppose I've got some of those. They might not be very interesting right now since we're between semesters, but I suppose that IS the purpose of the blog. Thanks for the feedback.

For the record, the Packers often do become a part of life at seminary, particularly in Dr. Paulson's classes.

1/14/2008 02:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy....Super story regarding the Packers!! And it's good to know that our future pastors are well-rounded and "in touch" with the world around us!

1/14/2008 10:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Andy!

Loved the blog! Check out my facebook page for pics of Clarissa's first time inside Lambeau! She had a blast, although she was pretty upset her Packers weren't there (Favre, Hawk, Driver, and Harris)Anyway, I hope to hear from you guys soon.

By the way, the card you guys sent really cracked us up.

GO PACKERS!!

1/19/2008 11:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home