Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Academic Year Half-Time Show: Mid-Winter Convo

by Anonymous

I was proud to be a student here last week during Luther Seminary's Mid-Winter Convocation. Hundreds of visitors - pastors, lay leaders, teachers, scholars and hardcore Lutherans - came to campus for three days of worship, speakers and workshops. The title of this event was Engaging Scripture in a Lutheran Key with Heart, Mind and Spirit. Students were welcome to drift in and out of this event free of cost (right?) and I took advantage of some of the activities.

January terms are a strange and wonderful change of pace during the school year. Some students are taking classes, some are taking a sanity sabbath and others are off on adventures or home with their families. Campus has a different feel and it was nice to be flooded with so many guests excited to learn.

As I made my way through the handsome sea of Norwegian ski sweaters, I would hear visitors raving about the presenters or the seminary at large. It was wonderful to see the chapel filled to the brim with people eager for the same learning I receive daily. I felt blessed to be a student with a mid-winter reminder that this time as a seminarian seedling is precious and blessed.
Kudos to the Communications office for this great picture of Dr. Rolf Jacobson saying something undoubtedly important and probably funny. I didn't ask for permission to use it, but I found it on the website and I'm hoping this shout out will keep them from pressing charges.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND Dr. J was wearing a fabulous Dale sweater! Nicely done.

I wish I could have attended - Convo looked great this year. Glad you enjoyed it, Meta.

1/17/2008 02:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home