Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the hardest question | lectionary

by Tim K. Snyder

Rev. Russell Rathbun, my friend/pastor/co-conspirator, is hosting a new lectionary resource/community called The Hardest Question with friends at Spark House. Every week you can not only read up on commentaries and all that goodness, but you can also join a live video blog at Thurs. at 10:30am. I'm seeing more and more of these kinds of lectionary "communities" pop up. Seems to me a good move towards recovering communal-collaborative hermeneutics. And frankly, no one can better help us wrestle with the texts than Russell.
I'm preaching this Sunday at Hope Lutheran Church (eastside, St. Paul) and I've decided on the gospel text so I think I will in fact try to join in this Thursday. Maybe I'll see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home