Friday, May 14, 2010

The End of the Beginning??? I'm So Confused

by Scott Dalen

Does that title tell you anything?

Yes!!!! This is the end. The last day of the semester...the last day of Hebrew...as I type this, I am now within 10 hours of being officially done with language study at Luther Seminary. 9 hours and 45 minutes if you want me to be exact.

Perhaps it's fitting that for the first time in about a week, the sky is clear and the sun is shining. What's that saying? "The sun even shines on a dog every once in awhile."

Side note---that quote is usually a little bit more colorful, but this is a kid's show after all.

Wednesday night I did the legwork getting my presentation ready for today. It took me a lot longer than I expected. But I'm glad I got it done because it allowed me the freedom to slack off last night. It was good TV night after all. Survivor (the last regular episode before Sunday night's season finale) Grey's Anatomy (the second to last episode of the season) and Private Practice (the only season finale of the bunch).

Through in a Dairy Queen run midway through the evening and it was a pretty good night...with the possible exception of under-ripe bananas in my Strawberry/banana Blizzard mixed with what might have actually been cherries instead of strawberries. It was an interesting flavor last night...but that's alright. I will forgive the girl that made it.

But, coming around full circle. 5:30 pm, I have my final Hebrew conference call. Three of us make our presentations tonight. Last Friday, I volunteered to go first this week. So I know when I'm going, right away. The presentations are supposed to be about 10-15 minutes (ish) so by 5:45 I'm done. Finished. Fineto (probably spelled that one wrong).

I'm actually glad to go first for one simple reason. My group has the final call and by having two people going after me tonight...it ensures that I'm not the last one to be finished. There are two people that have the opportunity to be jealous of me being in the "finished" group. They probably won't be...because they are both much more mature than I am. But hey, its a small victory.

You may be thinking that I won't officially be done until the grades are posted...well yes...this is true. However, I have a pretty good feeling that I have passed the class. I may not be ready to go translate the Dead Sea Scrolls just by looking at them, but I'm pretty sure I passed.

Actually, now that I think about it...aren't the Dead Sea Scrolls Greek?

That figures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home