Saturday, March 13, 2010

birthday community

by Amber

My birthday is on Friday. 27. What happened to the 80's? 90s? 00s? Kevin put together the perfect gathering of friends on Wednesday night. Seminary friends who I respect, admire, and can be myself around. We gathered in the Roy Harrisville Dance Hall (2nd floor in Stub). It's still creepily decorated with Roy's photo. I have only had one negative interaction with him: he scolded Hannah and I for playing Christmas Carols on the piano in the OCC cafeteria. We were bringing beautiful Christmas tunes to the lunch room, and he yelled at us. Whatever.

Back to the birthday bliss. A group of friends, an ice cream cake, salsa, and a box of Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Bunches completed the evening of fun. So grateful for this final year to celebrate with friends. I realize it will never be like this again. Next year we'll all be scattered all over the globe. LOVE LOVE LOVE all of you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

What a great night! I'm glad ol' Roy could be a part of it.

3/16/2010 11:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Linda said...

Wish we could have been there.....

3/20/2010 06:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home