Wednesday, December 02, 2009

My Own Secretary...and Long Term Plans

by Scott Dalen

Does making phone calls count towards contextual work? I think it does and I just felt a bit like my own secretary. I made a call canceling my monthly preaching activities at a small country church as the sermon prep would be happening during final's week (which is somehow next week already). Then I made a call to set up a visitation with a couple for Friday afternoon. If you may recall, this is the same couple that I visited with my partner pastor about a month ago...the brown stuff on the road incident...an update on that...it was residue from a soybean processing plant...eww.

So that's been the past 15 minutes for me...but that's okay.

In other news, I think I have officially been tapped for doing a dramatic portrayal when Lent rolls around. I don't think I've mentioned it here, but my final project for Synoptics was memorizing/reciting the Sermon on the Mount from Matthew 5-7 (those are chapters, not verses mind you). Last night I did the reciting portion for my partner pastor. He was pretty impressed and mentioned..."I might put that on the back burner for Lent."

Of course, he may have only been joking...but then again...maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home