Saturday, December 27, 2008

my wicked awesome rad sunglasses

by Jeni

I have the most sensitive eyes in the world. Okay, maybe not. But really, on average, I wear my sunglasses not so much at night, but at the very least right up until night. Even dusk is to bright for my sweet baby blues.

I'm also terribly and irrationally afraid of balloons. I'm pretty sure that every time I am near one (say during a Christmas celebration with the little ones) the balloon will pop and bust my eyes. Ridiculous, yes, but also true.

I'm often found with at least a pair of sunglasses on my person. Big, plastic ones that cover my whole socket...and then some.

Well, today, with coupons in hand and a year or two of planning and wanting, I purchased a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses, like the ones Audrey Hepburn wore in Breakfast at Tiffany's.













They're pretty rad.

I wasn't the only one getting new glasses today; Colin bought a killer pair of specs after using the same pair for the last 13 years. They didn't fit his face anymore and they were the wired rimmed ones that were all the rage in the early to mid 1990s. Now, he looks like the Italian and Lutheran Rob Bell and instantaneously 10 years older (but in a good way).

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret Obaga said...

Jeni, I like wearing sunglasses too. Actually, I must wear them on those really sunny and snowy days common in MN this time of the year. Hey, tell me, what do you do when the specs become really cold in the winter cold?

12/29/2008 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home